Tuesday, April 10, 2012

An easter feast

I felt tired all day on saturday. Luckily as I decended the mountain at the end of the day I saw a huge non fire was people playing guitar and grilling food, so I thought that was a great place to take a break. Turns out that these guys are famous for their trail magic. The guy who runs it even wrote the first guide book about the AT. I suffed myself with pulled pork BBQ that night. Then in the morning, they set up a full out restaurant with a menu, table service and everything. All of this off a dirt road in the middle of the forest. I ate a huge omlet and was on my way. Oh, that was after our easter egg hunt for bandanas. The hike on monday was rewarded with an awesome view from atop a fire tower. That night we sat around the campfire and played childrens games like hoky poky. I stayed in Franklin last night with Justin and Daniel, who is from freiburg germany. This morning I ate a great breakfast courtesy of the first baptist church in town and I'm off to hike towards the smokey
Mountains.


No comments:

Post a Comment