Thursday, April 5, 2012

Over Blood Mountain

Made it over blood mountain yesterday, the largest pass in georgia. I hiked all day with Barefoot and Handbone, both super cool guys. Also ran into a guy making a documentary about thru hikers and said he's pitching a reality TV show about hiking the trail to Discovery and History chanels. Maybe I'll be on TV one day. I spent the night in another cabin. It only cost $15 but it's supper plush with cumfy beds, satalite TV, outdoor kitchen, etc. After some pizza I went down the road to a hiker cabin party. The 9:00 is the hiker midnight so we went crazy partying untill the real midnight. My trail name is Motor because I just motor up the hills. I'm not a big fan of it so I hope something better comes along. Yesterday one guy got upset we didn't get cheese pizza, so his name is now Tantrum. Another guy had a supper wet fart on the trail so his name is now Shart. Maybe I'll actually have to sleep outside today.

2 comments:

  1. I think you should suggest "Motor Boat" or "Motor Boater" as your trail name. Amy knows what I'm talking about.

    Thanks for the updates. I'll be following this closely. I find it really interesting and one day hope to hike the AT myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suggested a name pre-trail as Cricket, for his bravery in eating those crispy fried delicacies in Cambodia. He told me he is now going by that name. ZT, we should find a good "trail name" for you.

    ReplyDelete