Friday, April 20, 2012

On my way again

I had a terriffic breakfast at Elmers this morning and left town around 11 AM. It was hard to leave the comfort of the town, especially with an 80% chance of rain tomorrow. For dinner a nice couple invited me to their home and gave me some stew and cake. I guess I can't say enough how kind people are out here. They thru hiked about 10 years ago after they retired and bought a house on the trail imediately afterward - they've been feeding hikers ever since. Also I spoke quite a bit of german today with an older man from Hamburg. There are a surprising number of germans on the trail. Most of them are young and don't care to comunicate in german, but the older ones are keen to speek it with me (and Tamir, who also speaks a bit of german).

1 comment:

  1. Brucey! Just got caught up on your travels, looks like some awesome adventuring. Stay safe and looking forward to our time in India together!

    ReplyDelete