Monday, May 14, 2012

Rain rain go away

Last friday I made it into Daleville fairly early and tried to get a hotel for the night. After a few attempts, I managed to get an overpriced smoking room at the Super 8. It was graduation weekend for all of the universities in the area so almost every room was booked. After a long shower and lunch I decided to go explore town for a bit. I ended up buying a dress shirt from good will, beer and flowers to surprise Amy when she arrived.  On saturday Amy and I did a day hike up to Mcaffees knob and then drove over to Richmond for a wedding. Sunday we grabbed lunch with my high school friend Mark and then drove back to the trail. Shortly after amy dropped me off at the trail it started to downpour and it hasn't stopped since. I won't lie and say I had fun today ... it was miserable. Everything I have is soaked. I even resort to eating soggy bagles for lunch. Luckily I got a shelter space for tonight, but it's so wet nothing will dry out. I only saw 2 people on the trail today (one was trying to get into a town) so I think most people have left the trail. I am envious because I feel like I am hiking in a tropical storm. The trail is basically a river ankle deep. I guess it's all part of the experience though.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for such an amazing weekend, Cricket. I hope my voice cheered you up a bit tonight and I am hoping for sunny skies tomorrow, babe. 4 more days until Trail Days! Get excited!

    ReplyDelete