Sunday, May 6, 2012

Strange people

After my last update I hiked through the night for about two miles until I found a good campsite. On my way there I went through a big field with tons of fireflys. It was a cool site to see, and with almost a full moon the hike was fairly easy. The next day I ascended a ridge and pretty much stayed there on top. The mountains in virginia are quite a bit different. They ars not big humps like in NC and TN but rather really long elevated strips of land. Anyways, I camped up there and had some of the best views of the trip. At the shelter, I met a supper strange dude named provisions. He was way out there. In the middle of a normal conversation he would change the topic by saying things like, "did you know puerto ricans come from Russia? Peurt Rico is an island I think." He tried to teach me some breathing techniques to fulfill my true potential and told me if I ever wanted to duel someone with a broadsword I should go to persia because my facial features Indicated I would fight well there. Listening him talk to girls was the best. Upon meeting shenanigans for the first time he asked her, have you ever seen the inside of a police tactical belt? I have. I just did a bunch of upper body workouts." It went on like that all night. I've met a bunch of hillbillys and other strange folk out here but he is the wierdest so far. Anyways, I've entered the green tunnel now and the walking is all in dense forest witout any views. There is supposed to be a good waterfall today though. Just passed the 600 mile mark as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment